Count Johann III. von Holstein, the mildness, acquired 1326 below the mill in the angle between Mühlau and Bille terrain of the then owner, the Reinfelder monastery, in exchange for the villages Meildorf, Woldenhorn and Ahrensfelde. Built in the same year, the castle became the seat of a count's bailiwick. The first Vogt is the squire Longus Beyenvlet. He comes from a family of knights, which is native to the Wilstermarsch. The castle became the center of the sovereign administration, as far as it concerns the collection of the basic and Bedesteuer and the representation of the count as a court master in Stormarn. In addition, it had the military task to secure the eastern border of Stormarn and the castle area against predatory raids from the Lauenburg.

The Vogt, for whom the name Amtmann became known from the 15th century, administered a district which stretched as far as Rahlstedt and comprised 36 villages. In his legal position, the Vogt does not correspond to a noble lord of the castle (a lord of the count), but he is appointed by the count in this office, which he administers without succession claims for his family, and can also be discontinued - a regulation, the official constitution one constitutional innovation. With her, the Holstein counts in the Middle Ages in Stormarn created a modern basis for the state administration, which can be considered the first sign of the then emerging state civil service.

The office Trittau has been pledged with his income tax often, so about 1375 to Lübeck, even to individual knights or to Hamburg, but was repeatedly redeemed, so that the Holstein sovereignty has never been called into question. The Hanseatic cities of Lübeck and Hamburg placed decisive importance on the legal relationships in this office and in the neighboring Amt Oldeloe, through whose areas the sensitive communication routes ran between the two cities. Lübeck had from 1504 - 1530 last Trittau deposit rule. In 1490, the office came in the first division of the country to Duke Frederick I of Holstein-Gottorp and remained in the regulation of territorial sovereignty in 1544 at the ducal share, without prejudice to the still changing pledge ownership.

From the 16th century on, the Trittau office was mostly administered together with the ducal office Reinbek von Trittau, which had been added since the secularization of the monastery of Reinbek; It was not until 1775 that the official residence was relocated to Reinbek. After the castle was expanded in the 16th century, it was commonly spoken by Schloss Trittau, since it was converted into a Amtswohnung 1762 by the Amtshof.

Some dates stand out in history:

On May 14, 1534 overthrew the Lübeck city captain Marx Meier, a friend of Jürgen Wullenwevers, with eight horsemen and two Holstein knights in a coup d'etat the castle crew and held the castle as a bargaining chip against the Danish King Christian III. occupied for Lübeck. In the war that broke out between Denmark and Lübeck, Lübeck initially achieved success, but in the peace of Stockelsdorf in November 1534 it had to reissue Burg Trittau.

On September 6, 1627 captain surrendered before the imperial field marshal Tilly, as he occupied in the persecution of the beaten king of Denmark Christian IV Holstein; Wallenstein also stayed here during this time. Under this occupation, the villages of the district had to suffer economically economically. During the Thirty Years' War, the castle changed hands several times, it was occupied in 1643 by the Swedish General Torstenson and 1644 by the imperial general Gallas. The loss of property, but also of human life, were far exceeded by the damage caused by the Swedish and Brandenburg-Polish imperial troops on the occasion of the Polack war 1657 - 60 here. When retreating, the Swedes are said to have used the scorched-earth tactics, and the Polish auxiliaries, who seemed to have escaped from the command of the army, were pursuing terrible cruelties that remained in the memory of the people for a long time. In the years between 1711 and 1715, the Trittau office was frequently plagued by prolonged and shorter troop movements in the Norse war, as well as by the early marches and retreats of the French, Cossacks and Prussians in 1813, marked by fierce fighting.

1775 became the official residence of the united offices Trittau and Reinbek moved to Reinbek and the Amtshof put up for sale. He then went into private hands, substantial parts of the building were demolished, the remaining and converted houses bought in 1783 Joachim Heinrich Campe for the establishment of a boarding school. In 1786 Campe sold the farm to the Lübeck agent Adrien Wilhelm Pauli. After several changes of ownership bought in 1874, the united parishes Trittau, Siek and Eichede the site and built here a poor institution. This blessed institution entered between the two world wars; since 1956, the area serves as a terrain for a baking agent factory.

It is reached on the way from the center to Hamfelde, turning right into a lime tree avenue, which leads straight to Burgplatz (factory site). The square still shows the quadrangular shape with the remains of the old trench guide, as it has handed down a merian engraving from 1650. Of the earlier buildings - in the 17th century a four-winged Renaissance castle with a probably older round tower - nothing is preserved. The Renaissance castle was the extension of a much smaller, medieval complex. The associated Meierhof was located on the way bend (left in the direction described above), the farm buildings on both sides of the stone dam. Even today, there is no trace of these facilities.

In 1867, the Amt Trittau was assigned to the then newly founded Prussian district of Stormarn. In Trittau, the district court, which is housed in a building of the late 18th century, remained as an echo of the old official glory. This building is also privately owned today. The date of origin of the mill located below the old village is not known, but it is likely to go back to the Middle Ages. In addition to the grain mill used to be a 1694 received sawmill. Mills, tavern and smithy formed the core of the district "Vorburg".

From a work that Antonie Hamester, born Kock, 1951 made as a student, come the following lines:

In the early Middle Ages, there were great and small Trittau. In the villages with compound names such as great and small Hansdorf and great and small Trittau etc. settled at that time two different tribes. In the former (great) the Saxons and in the latter (small) the pushes penetrated into this area. Thus, Great-Trittau was inhabited by the Saxons and Small-Trittau by the Wends and their descendants.

Great-Trittau got its name from "Trutt-au (Truttowe)". This obviously refers to Bach Schönbeck, the current Mühlenau. Small-Trittau was on the northern side of Schönbeck (Mühlenau), while Great-Trittau was on the southern side of Mühlenau. Small-Trittau had its own chapel in 1327, in which the pastor of Great-Trittau had to read Mass four times a year. Later, the land north of the Mühlenau was called "dat Lütjendorp". The current field on the "Lütjendörp" still remembers the name and its former location. How long "dat Lütjendorp" existed as such with his chapel is historically not recorded. It is reported that Small-Trittau was destroyed by a conflagration or, as others think, by destruction during the Thirty Years' War. The residents of "Lütjendorp" moved to the other side of the Mühlenau and settled again in the area of Great-Trittau. So the different names were lost and from both villages was the present village Trittau. In 1239 Trittau was mentioned in a document as church Village. In 1248 the church was built in Trittau. The northern cliff of today's church has been preserved from this period.

Over the centuries, the town of Trittau has developed more and more, so that today (1951) it could rightly be described as a spot. The population changed considerably and is officially detectable in the following years:

Year Population
1803   557
1890 1344
1936 2096

Today (1951) the number of inhabitants is just over 5,000. The current Trittau is in its form a pronounced street village. It has a length of about 3 km. In the middle of the 18th century, this village was still found to be a cluster village. But through the further development, mainly by the railway construction of 1888, Trittau-Vorburg was merged with the actual place and so was the present day long street village.

Today's manners and customs such as New Year's Eve carnival, carnival, hen party, ring riding, children's party and harvest festival have all been preserved from earlier times.

Trittau has become an important transportation hub in the area. It has two state railway stations, 1 district station; There are also 3 bus lines in our village. From the former small and quiet farming village has developed over the centuries, an industrial and business location. Thus, a tremendous flourishing of the place has taken place in cultural life.